Giving your dog fish oil is not only a great way to add more benefits to their diet, but it's also a trend that's rising in popularity. It makes sense, because the essential fatty acids found in fish oil provide your dog with an extensive list of benefits that support many different aspects of their health. At Natural Dog, we have a commitment to providing your dog with natural supplements for their overall health and well-being. No misleading or hidden ingredients. Ever. With this dedication to your dog in mind, we have just released our newest fish oil supplement product to support your dog's health, our Wild Alaskan Fish Oil.
What are the Benefits of Wild Alaskan Fish Oil?
The first thing to understand before diving into these health benefits is why they are important for your dog. Dog's bodies do not naturally produce efficient amounts of essential fatty acids, meaning it is of the highest importance to ensure that your dog's diet provides them with these benefits.
The essential fatty acids that we're discussing are omega-3 fatty acids such as EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid), omega-6 fatty acids, and omega-9 fatty acids. Let's look at a breakdown of how all of these work in favor of your dog's most optimal health.
- Vitalizes skin and coat health for shiny coats
- Supports and promotes mobility, flexibility, and joint health
- Supports a healthy inflammatory response
- Promotes healthy immune system response
- Promotes healthy brain development and brain function
- Supports healthy joint function and mobility
- Supports immune system and enhances immune function
- Supports cognitive function and brain health
- Promotes healthy skin and coat, working to naturally soothe skin issues such as itchy skin, flaky skin, and other dry skin conditions
- Supports and maintains healthy immune function
- Nourishes skin and hair for healthy coats
- Promotes healthy bones
- Supports and promotes healthy metabolism
- Promotes healthy cholesterol levels and overall heart health
- Benefits skin health
- Supports a healthy inflammatory response
- Can be known to accelerate certain healing processes due to it's anti-inflammatory properties
What Makes Natural Dog Company's Wild Alaskan Fish Oil Different from Other Types of Fish Oil?
First, let's breakdown the name.
"Wild": Wild caught fish are naturally high in omega-3 fatty acids, providing a direct source of nutrition from the fish to the oil pump. In contrast, farmed fish are often fed diets that lack omega-3 fatty acids, which can negatively impact their overall fat composition. Because of this, wild caught fish are known to be more nutritious than farmed fish.
"Alaskan": All fish contain contaminants, but wild Alaskan fish are much cleaner compared to farmed fish. Wild Alaskan fish grow healthy and naturally thrive in Alaska's cold, clear waters. Farm-raised fish can be fed diets that contain antibiotics, pesticides, growth hormones, and artificial coloring agents.
Next, let's talk about why Natural Dog Company's Wild Alaskan Fish Oil TRULY stands out.
ORIVO Certified: Natural Dog Company teamed up with Orivo to get ALL of our fish oils certified. Orivo acts as a third-party tester to ensure the purity and authenticity of our ingredients. This means that we have verified and tested the species and origin of the fish we use in our oils, ensuring that our wild Alaskan fish are genuinely wild-caught from Alaska. Other pet brands can use untested oils and misleading ingredients, bringing down the overall health value of their oils. This achievement reinforces Natural Dog Company's unwavering commitment to ingredient purity and transparency so you can be confident in the quality of supplements you give to your dog.
How Does it Compare to Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil?
Our Wild Alaskan Fish Oil still holds a small amount of Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil in it's ingredients. The main ingredient in our Wild Alaskan Fish Oil is Wild Alaskan Pollock, which is still very rich in omega fatty acids and whole health nutrients. The nutrient value is much similar to our Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil, but has a higher value of Omega-9 which provides greater value to cholesterol and heart health.
Lastly, we made this oil in an effort towards increased sustainability among our products. There is projected to be a growth in demand for Wild Alaskan Salmon as it continues to become increasingly popular, but it is ultimately a finite source. In time, this will lead to higher prices for this resource - meaning your favorite salmon oil will most likely see a price increase. Our Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil is one of our bestsellers and while ALL of our fish oils are sustainably sourced, we wanted to take some pressure off this high-demand product, as we know it is not only us trying to source them. Our Wild Alaskan Fish Oil takes some pressure off of the Wild Alaskan Salmon population and provides a more price-friendly option that is still packed with essential nutrients. Plus, it's one of the tastiest, juiciest ways to provide whole-health benefits for your pup.
Try our Freshest Catch!
Our Wild Alaskan Fish Oil is now in-shop and ready for your pup to drool over. Shop now!
This product is a great option for your dog if:
- They love our Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil, but you love this more price-friendly alternative
- Your dog has a increased need for natural supplements that provide higher support for heart health & cholesterol
- Your dog is a picky-eater or has a limited-diet - adding this to their meal will help ensure that they are getting the nutrients they need!